Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Calling all Creative Minds!

Hello all! I Hope everyone is having a fantastic summer! To those of you who still read this, I need your help.

I am the Assistant Marketing Chair for Dance Marathon 2009. For those of you who don't know what Dance Marathon is, it is the largest student run philanthropy at FSU. Each year about 800 students stand for 32 hours to raise money for Children's Miracle Network at Shands' Hospital in Gainesville, Fl. More than 700 other students also volunteer to make this event possible. Last year we raised over $409,000.00, about $100,000.00 more than in 2007. Our goal is to continue to increase the amount of money raised as much as we possibly can.

My job as Assistant Marketing chair is to try and find as many corporate sponsors as possible. Right now we are finishing making our new marketing packet to send out to companies. Usually we just mail the marketing packet with a cover letter. However, as I learned in Creative 1, there is a better chance that our letters won't get tossed to the side if there is something creative with it or something that makes it stand out. Large companies get tons of letters every day asking for money or sponsorship and I need to think of something that will separate FSU DM from all of the others.

I have thought about sending childrens' shoes with the letters, decorated with pictures of the Miracle Children, our tag line "Give a Weekend, Save a Life", and/or saying something about "dancing shoes"...

What do you guys think? Any advice or ideas would be very helpful. Also, if you know of any companies that would be willing to sponsor Dance Marathon, please let me know! It is for a great cause and is something that I am very passionate about!

Catch Your Limit Consulting, I will be sending you a letter.. :)

Thank you everyone!

For the Kids,
Erin

P.S. I will be posting another entry later about my summer!

Calling all Creative Minds!

3 comments:

Paul (from Idea Sandbox) said...

What are the sponsorship levels you're look for from corporations? Perhaps Idea Sandbox can send a few sand dollars your way - Paul

Erin said...

We have 7 Sponsorship levels:

Bronze Level: $100- $499
Silver level:$500- $999
Garnet level: $1,000 - $2,499
Gold Level: $2,500- $4,999
Platinum Level: $5,000-$7,499
Diamond Level: $7,500- $9,999
Miracle Maker Level: $10,000 +

I would be more than happy to send you the complete marketing packet with all of the information and benefits associated with each level as soon as they are completed.

Thank you very much for your interest!

Anonymous said...

Dang Erin! Keeping busy I see. One question...

"can I get cho numba, can I, can I?"

I like the shoes idea though, thats pretty neat!