Wednesday, June 4, 2008

in a New York state of mind.

So I'm having some down time during the day at my internship in NYC [Woods Witt Dealy & Sons] and I was showing the other intern [coincidentally from UF...ew] our beautiful, and what I assumed, desolate blog. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the old guy is still up & running. Good for us [I'm including myself because I'm writing now.]

Now that I'm here, I want to announce to those of you who are in the NYC area, or will be in the next few weeks, an opportunity that I think is kind of exciting. It is an event that is being held in Coney Island by the agency I'm working for called 'Wrath of Cannes.' It's calling for all advertising rookies to submit their one BIG idea, BIG project, BIG [insert something advertising related here] for the chance of winning a BIG [well, not really THAT big] trophy. All of the information is posted on the website: www.wrathofcannes.com and it was highlighted in an AdAge article http://adage.com/adages/post?article_id=127063. Even if you're not in the area-- check it out.

This is a cool way to maintain our World Famous status... or at least become Coney Island Famous.

Hope everyone is having a fan-effing-tastic summer. Oh, and if you're in NYC-- holler at your girl! :)

Best,
April

in a New York state of mind.

2 comments:

Liz Lamar said...

April,

I'm in NYC interning at BBDO. I'll be here all summer and am about to check this Coney Island thing out.

Ever bored, hungry, wanting to go out? Then hit me up. 850-982-8059!

Hope you're having a good summer!

Liz

A. Kandel said...

Hey!

Absolutely... I'll save your number & send you mine via FB.

Definitely check out the Wrath of Cannes.. it's going to be pretty fun & exciting-- and spread the word to the other interns at BBDO! :)

Speak to you soon!

-April