Monday, December 1, 2008

Laughter. What is it good for? Absolutely nothing?


Despite the fact that most people think I'm pretty serious, I love to laugh. Humor has always been something that I'm attracted to. But it's interesting how different everyone's sense of humor is. How can one thing make someone laugh so hard the want to pee their pants, and another person barely crack a smile?

I guess that's why it's a tricky line for advertisers, as seen in this article. While the jury is still out on whether or not humor is an effective advertising tool, I can tell you that if it was up to me, I would find it guilty...of being awesome. This is my current fave funny commercial...


Laughter's health benefits are also still undecided: "The jury is still out," says Robert Provine, a University of Maryland professor and author of Laughter: A Scientific Investigation, "and more work needs to be done." But the initial results are very encouraging. All the suggestions are that laughter is indeed good for you. So get those convulsions going and chuckle yourself to health."

So as exam week starts, and your stress level rises, take a minute to laugh.
Here are some videos for all kinds of funny....

Political humor:


#1 rated best YouTube video:


Odd British humor:


Funny if you've ever shared a room with a sibling or went to camp:


Laughter. What is it good for? Absolutely nothing?

No comments: