Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tainted Holidays

October 11th is not only my birthday, but the beginning of my favorite time of year. It's the start of my holiday season, because shortly after that is Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years. I'm huge on holidays and I don't think I'm gonna grow out of it but unfortunately there's been evil forces trying to crush my holiday spirit. For instance, midterms almost always land on my birthday since I've been in college. Then papers are almost always due around Thanksgiving. And now December has begun and naturally I would start counting down till Christmas but I'm afraid to do so because that just means that I'm that much closer to having to turn in a bunch of stuff and take a bunch of exams.

Luckily being with my kindergartners has really brought me back to my holiday spirit. Yesterday we made Christmas frames and it was so great because those kids are just so darn creative. They weren't limiting themselves to using red, green and white. Instead they started mixing the red with white to make pink...purely because they liked the color. It made me sooo happy :)

Tainted Holidays

No comments: