Sunday, August 3, 2008

FYI

Hey all,

Check this article out: http://adage.com/smallagency/post?article_id=130006
I think it's validating, if nothing else.


So, one of the partners of the agency I work for cut my internship short one week and offered me a position as a freelance project manager for the month of August, after which we will meet a more formal arrangement. In addition to the project I am in the middle of working on right now, just got the e-mail that she wants me to head the project for a new small/mid-size client starting tomorrow (in addition to my freelance status)... and I don't even officially graduate until Friday!

It's crazy how fast and seamlessly things are falling into place here in NYC.

Hope all is well with you wherever you are,
April

FYI

2 comments:

Tom Laughon said...

Great hearing from you, April. Sounds like you have had a neat time in "The City."

I think the article you linked to was right on in terms of the importance of speaking/presentation skills whether your audience in in the thousands or the person who in interviewing you for a job opening. Communication is what it's all about and skill sets and practice is what it takes to be great at it. Interestingly, the stage fright gets less and less as you face your personal challenges head on.

I will make this article a must read for the upcoming Creative Strategy II class.

Thanks and continue to keep us posted.

A. Kandel said...

Thanks Tom! I'll be sure to keep in touch!! :)