Friday, August 29, 2008

An introduction through time and space...

So I think the best way to kick off my blog is to give a brief introduction. First I would like to point out that I'm fond of lists and so a list of things about me...

1. I enjoy reading. Sadly I don't get to read as much as I would like to. Some of my favorites are H.G. Wells (The Time Machine, War of the Worlds, The First Men in the Moon, etc) because I like his science better than real science, Ernest Hemmingway (A Farwell to Arms, The Old Man and the Sea, For Whom the Bell Tolls) because he says things like they are with very little sugarcoating, Richard Matheson (I Am Legend, What Dreams May Come, and a writer for The Twilight Zone) his prose is a lot like Hemmingway and his stories are always well thought out.

2. I enjoy music of many different varieties. Some of my favorites include Bob Dylan, The Band, The Rolling Stones, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Hank Williams (Sr. Jr and III), The Kings of Leon, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Black Sabbath, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and many many more. I collect and listen to vinyl, it's just got a different sound.

3. I enjoy movies. Some of my favorites include anything by Sergio Leone (The Good The Bad and the Ugly, Once Upon a Time in the West, etc) and Wes Anderson (Rushmore, The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou, Etc) Some of the movies I like aren't good, such as a lot of the old B-Horror movies. Some are really good like Citizen Kane.

4. I love automobiles of all kinds but muscle cars and motorcycles hold a special place in my heart.

5. I like good conversation. Pretty self explanatory.

6. I like Southern culture, but not the stuff you see on CMT. I mean the real stuff, maybe it's just from living in a small southern city for most of my life, but it's got a definite charm to it.

7. Naps help me make it through.

8. I'm pretty much an open book.

9. Barbecue is about my favorite.

10. I like to look at old pictures (Not like pictures from middle school, I'm talking about pictures of absolute strangers from a long time ago).

11. I enjoy flea markets.

12. I could really go for some homemade ice cream...

13. I'm looking forward to this class.

14. That's about it....

An introduction through time and space...

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Nice blog and it's your first. I too like old pictures of strangers

Melissa Laughon said...

Thank you for the Justin list ... I think everyone should do a list ... yours is fantastic. I can't wait to get to know you better. We actually have a lot in common.

Vanessa Mc said...

You are one of my favorite people I met in college. Always so interesting. I'm glad you're in this class this year. I wanna ride on your motorcycle again!