Sunday, August 31, 2008

"Life is short. Buy the shoes."

I love the idea of making a list, organization is one of my favorite things (to-do-lists, color coding... you name it); and it seems like a good way to get my feet wet with blogging and my first real post.

Okay, a little bit about me...

*I love random foods that the majority of people don't like - tofu, licorice, mushrooms - but I don't eat any seafood. If it comes from the ocean, I hate it. Most people don't understand that. They'll say, "So you don't like crab/shrimp/lobster/insert other type of seafood here?" The answer never changes. (NO!) :) Why is it more acceptable for people to not eat red meat, but not liking seafood always seems like a sin?

*I like to read. The Outsiders is my all-time favorite book and I also adore Carl Hiaasen. He was born and raised in Florida and writes a lot about the Everglades and places in Florida that I am familiar with. I would highly recommend him - especially if you are from south Florida. He went to UF and currently writes for the Miami Herald. One of his novels, StripTease, was made into a movie with Demi Moore (it's old & I've never seen it - but the book is great). Haha I feel like I am selling him but I just wanted to give everyone a little info about him.

*I can't spell. (Maybe should have started with that as a disclaimer - spell check on this blogpage will be my saving grace).

*I love arts and crafts & scrapbooking :} Glitter/sparkles rock.

*I'm a total girly girl (see my previous point).

*I am the oldest of 6 and I adore my younger siblings. The youngest two are twins (one boy/one girl) and turned 9 months old on the 29th. My family is super important to me and my sister is my best friend (IDK, my BFF Jill - haha that commercial cracks me up).

*Will Ferrell is HiLaRiOuS. I think funny movies are the best and I really want to see Pineapple Express.

*A few of my favorite things: the color purple, sour patch kids, good quotes, on-line shopping, road trips, cooking & baking, and shoes.

"Life is short. Buy the shoes."

No comments: