Friday, August 29, 2008

Lake Ella...more like Ocean Ella!

I know we are all probably very sick of hearing about Tropical Storm Fay, but I must comment on that fool! Have any of you driven by Lake Ella recently? I don't know about you, but Lake Ella is one of my favorite little Tallahassee spots! I love going there to get away from the hustle-bustle surrounding FSU's campus. It's the perfect spot to people watch(ha), take a nice little stroll, or even read a book!

Well, after our lovely creative class, I decided to take the long way home and drive by Lake Ella. Let me tell you--it was a horrible idea! It made me so sad seeing the lake overflown with water! If you have ever been there, you know where the shops begin? If so, water was all the way up to the storefronts! The bike shop that is right off of the walking trail had water three feet into their store! Polka dot shoes, the locally owned amazing shoe store also had water going into their shop. Basically, it made me very sad because I hate seeing locally owned businesses deal with troubles such as these.

I think it was one of those weird coincidences of the World or something, but when I came home I had an email from the Locally Owned businesses of Tallahassee! (I'm on their email list because 1)I love their motto--Keep it Sassy, Tallahassee; and 2) Their stores always have unique clothes/jewelry and I love supporting small businesses). The email was talking about the damage to many of the Lake Ella shops and how they were going to have a benefit sale on Sunday! So, if you love helping people in need, want some new clothes/shoes/even a bike, go to the American Legion Hall on Sunday, the 31st from 2pm-10pm. The email said there would be a live band, "great deals on merchandise", a cash bar, and a silent auction!

Be there or be square, friends!

Lake Ella...more like Ocean Ella!

No comments: