Monday, January 21, 2008

Being A Flaming Socializer Is Why My Blogs Are Alway Late

My blog would've been on time. because-thanks to our responsible classmate Erin-she reminded me at a pary last night (i know....who blogs at a party?) but i had had too many drinks at that point and i couldn't remember my password :-\ but i really did try-you can ask her lol
anyway-enough of that. we'll stick to topic. so, in light of upcoming elections and primaries and whatever I realized how much I hate political ads. It's like they try to persuade you-without actually telling you anything. (i.e. "Believe in change!" uhhh cool I was never questioning if changed existed) They're going for some inspirational, heartwrenching feeling-and I should vote for you because you can pay a company to put ochestra music to a slideshow of pictures of you hugging old people? Really? I wish they would just take the candidate and sit them down and be like "Barack, list 15 reasons why Hillary sucks and you don't"-that would be a commercial I'd pay attention to. (not that I have any political affiliation with either-I don't even vote.) Society is way too obsessed with political correctness for anything cool like that to happen though. I guess I just feel like every commercial is the same and they're not even good. They should save their campaign money and, oh I don't know, give it to me....or fix social security-whatever works.

Obama ad:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-aR3Gpsn4v4
Hillary ad:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=h3xepwid_sY

Being A Flaming Socializer Is Why My Blogs Are Alway Late

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I agree...political ads are the worst, along the same lines as car ads. Unfortunatly I have to give you a little "eat your spinach advice." VOTE please!

Erin said...

haha Whitney! You were so funny trying to remember your password. This post cracked me up....