Thursday, January 24, 2008

Interning Is Quite Fun

Hello everyone, I'd like to start out by saying that I am proud of myself for blogging 4 days before the actual assignment is due... I tend to wait until RIGHT before it's due. BUT, I got home from the first week of my internship and decided that I should tell everyone about it. I just started interning at Zimmerman on Tuesday and it was a great first week. I went in to the internship accepting that I would most likely spend the majority of my time filing papers, but it turns out that I was wrong.

The best part of the internship so far is that everyone that works at Zimmerman is extremely nice. I've had quite a few jobs and there has always been at least one unpleasant person, not at Zimmerman. By the way, Laura, who is in creative II works at Zimmerman and has helped me out a lot since I've been there which is awesome. The other great part so far has been sitting in on calls/meetings and seeing the exciting and creative ads that everyone has worked together to create. I can honestly say that after this class and my internship I will have a million times better understanding of advertising and what field I hope to work for in the future.

I'm just glad that I've learned about computer programs, been able to proofread documents, helped organize advertising documents on the computer, many other interesting tasks, and of course, file some papers here and there. I'll just say that I'm very excited for what's to come.

By the way, it's pretty sad that the party got cancelled ... it should be interesting to bring our socks to class though. See everyone Monday!

Interning Is Quite Fun

1 comment:

Laura said...

z love, ritz friend. <3 hahaha