Monday, January 21, 2008

Food for thought

I've noticed posting "cool new ads" has become quite common on this blog so I figured I would share some quotes I've come across pertaining to advertising. It's funny my whole life I expected to graduate, move to New York City, and have the glamorous career many dream of. Well reality is a lot different I've come to learn, and now I'm excited that I'm not sure where I'll work or where I'll live, I really want to just let the wind blow me into a niche where I fit. I really think this class is going to help me figure out what it is I really want....but I mean at 21 are you supposed to know that...I don't think so.

Anyways...here's some quotes people...

"Creativity represents a miraculous coming together of the uninhibited energy of the child with its apparent opposite and enemy, the sense of order imposed on the disciplined adult intelligence."
Norman Podhoretz

"The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it."
Dee Hock

"The faults of advertising are only those common to all human institutions. If advertising speaks to a thousand in order to influence one, so does the church. And if it encourages people to live beyond their means, so does matrimony. Good times, bad times, there will always be advertising. In good times, people want to advertise; in bad times they have to."
Bruce Barton, chairman of BBDO, 1955.

Food for thought

No comments: