Thursday, January 24, 2008

R.I.P. Creativity

i remember the days when i was free. yes, free. i could do what i want, when i wanted, how i wanted. the good life. my house was like creativity central. my group would meet there every time, and everytime we would walk out with something great accomplished. i would get things done promptly and on time. oh, yes, i remember. and why is this so incredibly easy to recall? because these days were only 6 months ago. and now, i'm currently trapped living in a cell, i mean room... ok well more like awesomely interior decorated cell.. with someone else. those of you who feel my pain (literally, pain) will know that i'm not just talking about inconviences like fighting over mirror space (i was running late for work), the hair straightener (her hair is already naturally straight), borrowing shoes (i'm sorry, but that foot is NOT a size 7) or the tv station (she football. a lot.) i pretty much blame living in KD for my complete lack of creativity. or at least, my lack of blogging.

it doesn't help that the wireless internet is probably the most disfunctional network in the united states of america. c'mon people, its 2008. if you can't get the wireless to work, what good is life? but, put that on top of living with 40 girls (and i'm talking girls. as in, girly girls. its a sorority house. stereotype.) when you have an hour, or half an hour, or even like, 10 solid minutes to yourself the last thing you're even worried about is the internet black hole you've been sucked into and all the homework you need to get done but can't. its like, me time. and all you can do is relish in the fact that its just you. by yourself. no girls. its like some kind of catatonic state of ultimate om.

i realized it was an issue when i actually looked forward to going to work. first of all, there are boys (granted, about 65% of them are gay, but whatever, they're guys), AND in addition to that, the internet works (i'm using it right now). ok so the food isn't as good, and i really do love my friends (internet, not so much. but maybe if you'd work i'd reconsider) but i can't help but remember my days of youth (aka 21.. i'm now 22) where getting things done wasn't a constant struggle. i have to admit, i bring a lot of it on myself. sometimes hearing about that guy or so-and-so with this-and-that is more appealing than surveying people. sometimes i want to paint my nails instead of type. it happens. not that i don't enjoy doing the other things, but when i'm surrounded by temptation to join in the uber girliness, who can blame me?

in order to pass this class, maybe i should sublease.

R.I.P. Creativity

1 comment:

Erin said...

basically this is the story of my life right now...