Monday, January 28, 2008

I have been thinking of what I could possibly write about in this blog for a couple days now, and I have decided to write about music in advertising, since I love music. Last fall I went to the AWNY conference in NYC and at one of the work shops I learned about the importance of music in advertising. There was a man I don't remember his name but he talked about how he was the guy that put the music to the ads. He explained that for his job we would seek out new talent and essentially use the ad campaigns to promote the bands and get them heard. He said this means of using the music is one of the newer ways bands are getting their music out there. Also some songs were created just for the advertisement and eventually were made into real songs because people liked them so much. In this field you work with record labels and musicians, oh and he also wrote jingles. Over all I think this would definitely be a great career choice, if you really like music. I think one of the band that he said that grew from advertising was The Fray.

You can check out what songs are in what ads on adtunes.com

No comments: