Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Buried Life: FSU Edition

Last week my roommates and I sat down and watched the pilot episode of MTV's new show, The Buried Life. It's about a group of young guys who travel around the country in a purple bus named Penelope, and try to accomplish a list of insane goals they've set for themselves [read: crash a party at the Playboy Mansion; play basketball with Obama]. The show brings a new light to the age old question: if you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today?

I got to thinking that maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to make my own bucket list. Unfortunately I don't have access to a giant bus to tour the country, nor could I skip that much class. But I could totally come up with a list of things to do before I graduate from Florida State. To me, it's about finding the beauty in the campus life we as students take for granted every day that we're here.

Together with my roommates I've come up with a couple ideas that I will be able to share with you all in my blog for the semester. Hopefully it will enrich my time spent here at FSU, and offer some great pictures to prove it. Here's what I've got so far:

  • Camp out on Landis Green (tents, sleeping bags, s'mores, etc.)
  • Catch a pass during football's spring training
  • Try the flying trapeze with the FSU circus
  • Make a free lemonade stand in the Union (but collect donations for a local charity)
  • Announce the final score at an FSU basketball game
  • Have a picnic inside Doak Campbell Stadium
  • Offer face painting outside the Pub on St. Patrick's Day
  • Challenge the track team to a race
  • The classic fountain frolicking on my birthday (still haven't done that yet!)
This is just a brainstorm. If any of you guys have other ideas, or if you want in on anything, let me know! Here's to hoping for a great Spring semester. Oh, and this is the trailer for The Buried Life, in case you haven't seen it yet.


The Buried Life: FSU Edition

1 comment:

Ramage, what? said...

i def want to either scuba dive or sky dive...IM TERRIFIED OF BOTH!!! lol.. travel to tokyo is also on there