Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Golden Globes highlight? Brendan Fraser.

So I don't know if anyone is into all the entertainment industry award shows, but I definitely am. I love seeing what everyone is wearing, when the underdog wins the award, really moving speeches, really funny speeches, and a good host (which doesn't happen too often). I thought this year's Golden Globes were actually well done- just the right amount of sappy moments as there were silly ones. BUT...the best moment of them all probably shouldn't have become a memorable moment at all...except it did.

At first I thought I was the only one who thought Brendan Fraser's reaction to one of DeNiro/Scorcese joke was a little off. I thought, "What the hell WAS that?!" But low and behold, the short video clip of what people are coining the "Idiot Clap" has taken the Internet by storm. My mom emailed me a remixed version of this ridiculous showcase of overexcitement, and it is hilarious.

Do you think Brendan Fraser had any idea that all the viewers would take such notice of these 4 seconds? I've embedded the original "normal" clip, but the main attraction is the second version, a superbly edited remix to Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl."











I hope you get a good laugh out of this!

Golden Globes highlight? Brendan Fraser.

1 comment:

Jonny Arcila said...

His side high five is now a dance move called the Fraser shuffle, I thought I was the only person that saw this!