Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Embarrassing Moments=Laughter!

So a few weeks ago I had an idea for a blog and I totally forgot about it. The other day I was going through my phone and found a note that said 'blog about embarrassing moment.' Then I thought OMG that was what I wanted to blog about a few weeks ago. So here I am. I have decided that embarrassing moments are probably one of the most funniest moments in your life. I have a ton of them...promise. If you really know me you realized by now that I trip about 10 times a day and by now have decided to laugh at myself every time I do it. Not only do I trip, but I'm extremely clumsy. I've gotten used to it thought. Also I don't get nervous before I get up in front of people. At first I thought it was because of the many plays I was in during middle and high school, but I have decided that its because I have had a few embarrassing moments happen on stage. The first one happened in first grade where we had this play were I was a mouse. We had two performances, one for the students of the school and one for our parents later that night. Well during the performance for the school I screwed up what I was supposed to say and started to laugh hysterically on stage. Then within a few seconds everyone was laughed. It was hard to stop, but I did and continued through the rest of the play. The second and probably worst embarrassing moment was at my high school graduation. I was Class Treasurer. I got to sit on the stage and introduce the Salutatorian. Well I got up to do my speech and at the end after I said all these great things about the Salutatorian I was going to say her name when all of a sudden I just couldn't say it. I kept wanting to say her nickname which was Evie when her really name was Evangelyn. During my practice of the speech I kept having problems saying her name and now I was on stage doing the same thing. Then all of a sudden everyone on stage was screaming Evangelyn at me and all of the 5,000+ people watching me were all laughing. Then all of a sudden I said her name and went back to my seat. To add to my embarrassment when I was walking across the stage the Superintendent shook my hand and said, "Nice Speech." My point to the story is that I think that embarrassing moments can help to become who you are today and you learn from them, well sometimes. Not only that, but when you look back on them you might not be able to control your laughter. 


PS: the best thing about my failed graduation speech is that I have it on DVD sometimes is pretty scary/hilarious to watch

Embarrassing Moments=Laughter!

No comments: