Monday, November 10, 2008

Greetings from DC!!!


Hey guys!!!!
I miss you all so much!!! Hows class w/ out me? Pretty quite huh? Well there’s still Chelsey so guess not…. Haha
I know it’s been a while but I wanted to share my “super Tuesday” experience from the home base! I watched all the election coverage in my basement (for all you florida people, that’s room underground… crazy I know) but at 9 o clock I couldn’t resist heading down to the white house.
I have never seen DC as absolutely crazy as it was that night! Everybody just hit the streets and was screaming, hugging and yelling. As we got into the city my best friend were wondering where everybody was… Then we just turned off the music in the car and and you could hear the yelling and honking from the other side of the city. Every car was just honking over and over. You’d hear a “honk” and then a group yell “wooooooo”. You know I couldn’t resist the temptation to make noise, so my friend honked and I just held my hand out the window yelling. As we were moving (all 5 mph you can drive when theres that many people in the street) everybody would just run down in a line and slap my hand! I’ve never seen so many happy people.
There were huge American flags and signs waving out of sun roofs, and the cops were just standing there laughing and smiling (2 things I didn’t think DC cops could do). We finally parked and hit the white house up at around 11:30. I felt like I was at a FSU football game. Everybody under 25 was there. It was just a mass of young people from all 5 dc area colleges. Everybody kept singing that song, “nanananana, hey hey hey goodbye!” I heard on the news later that people from inside the White House could hear it. I felt so bad for the 20 agents guarding the fence, hope they had ear plugs!
The coolest part about the rally was it wasn’t organized AT ALL! There were no bull horns or platformed people leading the crazy crowd. Everybody just bonded together. When my voice was officially gone, and I had gotten on about 4 news cameras (with no make up in my PJ’s…. sweet) we drove home through Georgetown. At first it looked empty, then we saw it… hundreds of Georgetown students running down the hill heading to the White House just screaming! At a red light they surrounded our mini van (ya… we ride in style) and started rocking it! It was awesome.
I’m so lucky to have grown up in such a great city, and it was defiantly a night I’ll always remember! Time for change!

ok i can't figure out how to get a youtube video loaded CHECK THIS OUT!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCa5vWzDjWI&feature=related

Greetings from DC!!!

No comments: