Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving?

So over the holidays I decided to call or text everyone in my phone to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving. Well most people replied with the customary "you too" kind of thing, which was appreciated and excepted. One reply caught me so off guard I had to blog about it though. Apparently someone I know got a new phone number during the time I was gone, and I did not know so the new person replied with "Who the holy hell is this?" Which I guess if you are confused is acceptable. So I said "It's Savannah. I'm sorry I must have gotten the wrong number." Then went to walk the dogs, and when I came back and checked my phone they had left one of the nastiest voice mails ever. Now I understand how it can be annoying when people text you that you do not know, but it really isn't necessary to get THAT angry over "Happy Thanksgiving" Even if I didn't really know them, and ran into them at the mall or something I'd wish them a happy holiday. If I had kept texting them maybe, but my question to you..is to ask if there is ever really a time where it is acceptable to be completely rude to someone who did nothing but send you a holiday greeting?

Happy Thanksgiving?

No comments: