Tuesday, November 18, 2008

How can some people put you into words better than you can?

It's sort of the point of advertising isn't it. Companies don't know the best way to articulate who they are, what they are, and why anybody in the world should care. And thats when we become useful. Today when I was driving home from class I was inspired. After listeninh to Dave Ramsey (Tallahassee 100.7), I threw in a Joe Budden CD. Joe Budden is consistently one of my top 2 favorite rappers. I normally place him at number one whenever he releases new material, but due to his lack of frequecny he sometimes falls to #2. The allure behind Joe Budden is that he is an extremely introspective rapper and often I feel that what he says represents who I am in so many ways. While this also speaks a lot about the importance of understanding you target market and connecting to them in a way that makes you number 1, that is not why I am telling you about Joe Budden. I wrote this blog to share with you the song I was listening to...

(Verse 1)
I've got a ghetto gospel. It's only right considering that the ghetto was my hostel [movie reference]. Memory is gone, but I'm recalling all through high school.
Even at my lowest, I was sitting on my high stool [Optimism, through despair].
But that's what being high will do. Even if I wasn't able to do a thing, I was always able to toke. They told me that I would be dead before I was able to vote.Probably because me and my constituents... and all the things we did. A MRI couldn't tell you what my issue is. But through my treason came a cause that I believed in. Is it really wrong if a man has a reason? At times I felt like I had to take dough (money. I did whatever for a pesos.Being from the hood could be my scape goat! Or can it be? Because I wasn't born under a canopy, maybe I was born to fall in love with vanity. They tell me what you reap is what you sowe. So I told God I'm better than what I show. I've got to grow!

(Verse 2)
Now they say that I floss (boast) too much.So?! Have I changed because I think that $1000 tee don't cost too much? All they should say is that I'm strong. Walked through the fire but came out unscathed. Yeah, I carried on! Now I carry on with Louis Vuitton carry-ons. Now they mad he on (upset that he's successful), but my blessings had a delay!(Said with pain in voice, pleading with the world to understand the way he is)Now I give my girl Esaych. I know its sorta cliche, but my plane ain't gon' never land, unless its in the Netherlands. Ask for a better hand? I tried colliding with my problems, but I never ran. That would make me a lesser man.I ain't go from not having it to being arrogant. I dreamt, woke grabbing it... just by being passionate. Some people get complacent, why? The world's just new born birds, just afraid to fly. Me? I spread my wings, inhale, and embrace that high!

(Verse 3)
Part of me was gruesome. I didn't change, but I grew some. Even if I did change I welcomed it to come. People who used to be with me, used to see with me. Say I changed on them and did a 360, because I don't come around. But to me its common sense, If you want to see the other side you've got to turn around. Show the world your game face! I told them we were on the same track, but weren't running the same race. We aren't in the same space. Something won't let me slow down, I cant explain fate. But don't say I went from broke to Bourgeoisie. I'm far from high end, I just know what suits me!

Too me this song represents a lot more than just the words. It's the feelings of motivation and perseverance that are behind them. It was fun sharing something I am passionate about with you. I hope you enjoy. The bold part is the part I try to identify with the most.

How can some people put you into words better than you can?

No comments: