Tuesday, November 18, 2008

New York City

Wow, that is all I have to say to describe the last week I spent in the city. One take-away I must share is that Catch Your Limit has done a tremendous job on teaching us everything we need to go into the real world. Not one thing was said this past weekend at the AWNY conference that I didn't already know. New York has this aura about it that takes you over. All of your values go out the window when the "perfect" job is dangled out in front of you within reach. The city has a different pace that any other place in the world. I have been contemplating A LOT about what I want to do when I graduate in 3 weeks. Part of me wants to pack up two suitcases and book a one way flight to the city. It sounds so appealing and so fun, but I would be sacrificing a lot of things that are very important to me here in Florida. My family, boyfriend, friends and beach are not in New York City. I think as Ad majors we are brainwashed into thinking to make it big or be "successful" you have to do it in the city. I disagree. My definition of being successful is finding something I love to do, and having people to share it with. In NYC I would be sharing my successes by myself, in a closet of an apartment and probably be wishing I was somewhere else. But don't get me wrong I love NYC, I am just realizing maybe its not for me, and wanted to remind everyone that success is what you make of it not what others tell you.

New York City

No comments: