Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Viva La Vida

The first time I heard a Coldplay song I was in eighth grade. The song of course was Yellow, their first popular song. Yellow became a huge hit and since then Coldplay has been my favorite band. X & Y was amazing and when the CD came out I searched for concert tickets to see Coldplay, but they were too expensive or the concert was too far away. After the success of X & Y Coldplay sort of disappeared and no one was sure when they would return with another brilliant CD. Finally, Coldplay released Viva La Vida. This CD is different from Coldplay's past music and in my opinion is by far their best CD yet. Thankfully, I was able to get tickets to see Coldplay in Orlando on November 7th, 2008. All I can say, is that after going to the concert I am so glad that I wasn't able to get tickets to the X & Y tour. Every song I could have hoped for them to play from past albums they did play and songs from Viva La Vida made the experience perfect. I never knew I could have such an amazing time at a concert, but at the end I was sweating as much as the band members were from jumping up and down, dancing and singing along. This experience will definitely stick with me for a long time. I was in a daze as I walked out of the concert with my sister and there is no way I can explain in words how amazing this concert truly was. 


I found a video for Coldplay's song Lost (one of my favorites), it is filmed entirely at a concert and shows how much fun everyone is having. Even those of you who believe that listening to Coldplay means that you could be gay (40 year old virgin) will probably at least secretly enjoy this song. 




Viva La Vida

No comments: