Tuesday, November 4, 2008

How Safe is STROZIER?

My roommate just got back from the Strozier library and shared with me some pretty serious & shocking news. An FSU Strozier employee was sexually assaulted by a male on the fourth floor of Strozier during the early afternoon on Oct 31st... How scary is that?

I'm going to take FSUPD'S RAD (Rape Aggression Defense) Program (its a free self-defense class). Has anyone else ever taken it before?

Here is the link:

Crime Bulletin Oct. 21st 2008 Sexual Battery

My Advice: Follow the buddy rule in Strozier & study on a well-populated floor.

How Safe is STROZIER?

2 comments:

Kristie said...

i've always wanted to sign up for one of those classes! we should take it together!

Joanna said...

I heard about it too from a friend that works for the FSView. It's sad to think that the place where we go to further our education isn't even safe. I also wanted to take the classes but just haven't had the time. I think you are offered one credit hour for taking the classes.