Friday, November 28, 2008

Music makes me lose control!

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving and an even better break!

While I was home in Sunny St. Pete, I began thinking about music for some reason. I've decided to compile a list of some of my favorite songs of all time for you guys! I hope you enjoy!

In no particular order...

1) In My Room--The Beach Boys
**The Beach Boys were honestly my favorite musical group while in middle school. My Mom used to sing their songs to me when I was really little and I guess something just stuck! "In My Room" has a beautiful melody and amazing lyrics so I don't see what's not to love about it!

2) Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World--Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
**Israel begins this song with "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and finishes it off with "What a Wonderful World". It is one of the most relaxing, beautiful, awe-inspiring songs I have ever heard. Every time I hear it I get teary-eyed. Gosh, I'm turning into a softie.

3) In My Life--The Beatles
**It was very difficult for me to choose just one Beatles song, but I thought this one would definitely do! I've been very nostalgic lately because I can't stop thinking about graduation and this song touches me like whoa. Sigh, I AM turning into a softie.

4) Listen to Her Heart--Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
**I love this song for many, many reasons. First of all, I love basically anything Tom Petty puts his hand on. Secondly, I again love the lyrics. Fool, she might need a lot of lovin' but she don't need you!!

5) A Change is Gonna Come--Otis Redding
**If you honestly listen to this song and don't feel exactly what he is feeling, I'm concerned for you. The emotion expressed throughout the song is definitely one of a kind.

6) Wake Up--The Arcade Fire
**The song starts off with just music, then the singer begins and he has such a unique voice. Their style is definitely not something that you will hear everyday and for that, I love them! Oh and listen to the whole song because they completely change the tempo mid-song! AMAZING. : )

7) Like A Rolling Stone--Bob Dylan
**Honestly, haven't we all felt like a rolling stone at one point in our life or what? I really hope I'm not alone on this one...and I don't mean seriously without a home or anything but you know what I do mean, right? Ha ha.

8) Float On--Modest Mouse
**Again, I think this is one of those songs that if you really listen to the lyrics, everyone can relate to them! Basically Modest Mouse is telling us that although things may not always go how you planned for them to, everything will be fine and we will "all float on".

9) Redemption Song--Bob Marley
**Just a good old anti-war song that again, I think you can completely understand how Marley feels just from listening to his voice. Every time I hear it I want to go protest for something...

10) Boys Don't Cry--The Cure
**Okay, I LOVE The Cure. I had a tough time choosing my favorite of their songs but think "Boys Don't Cry" will definitely work. If you haven't heard it, hit up youtube asap! Oh and by the way, Boys DO cry.

Rock on, rockers! : )

Music makes me lose control!

No comments: