Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Total Finale Live

Sunday night, while flipping through channels, I stopped on MTV because I noticed there was a show airing called Total Finale Live. It was the final episode of Total Request Live (okay, so I caught the repeat, but that’s because I was at a group meeting earlier)! The original host of the show, Carson Daily, was there VJ-ing, as well as other VJ’s. Remember Jesse Camp? That guy was nuts. Even though I had no clue TRL aired these past 5 years, it was sad to watch the last show. I feel like MTV was all I watched in middle school and I had to be updated on the countdown, even if there were just slight changes to it: Britney and Christina competing for the number one spot. On the finale, they counted down the top 10 videos that defined TRL:




10. Outcast - Hey Ya
9. Blink-182 - What's My Age Again
8. Usher ft. Ludacris and Lil Jon -Yeah!
7. Beyonce ft. Jay-Z - Crazy In Love
6. Kid Rock - Bawitdaba
5. Christina Aguilera - Dirrty
4. N*Sync - Bye Bye Bye
3. Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way (They actually performed..without Kevin though. Maybe he felt too old? I mean, it wasn't a secret.)
2. Eminem -The Real Slim Shady
1. Britney Spears - Hit Me Baby (She was named the Queen of TRL)


TRL was a platform for artists to promote their material. It launched the careers of so many people! What an impact it had on pop culture!

Total Finale Live

No comments: