Friday, November 7, 2008

Please forgive me I forgot to blog before Tuesday!!!!

So I am usually pretty good about blogging. I always take a break at work on Tuesdays and blog....it is kind of a ritual. Last Tuesday, however, I spent my usual blogging time researching this employer I was going to interview with Thursday in New York. It sounded like a sweet deal. They were paying for my flight and hotel to come up and interview. I was so excited! On Tuesday evening, less than 48 hours before my flight was supposed to leave, they cancelled and said all the positions were full. Seriously?! I was pretty mad. How un-professional to do that to someone. I understand that all the positions were full and they no longer could interview me, but couldn't they have emailed me a bit sooner? If I were to cancel an interview I was going to I would at least give a week notice. Whatever. I'm glad I found out sooner rather than later that they aren't the kind of company I want to work for. I am a firm believer everything happens for a reason. So I will note this experience as a lesson learned. Lesson being, as the movie Forest Gump teaches us, S@#% happens!

Please forgive me I forgot to blog before Tuesday!!!!

No comments: