Wednesday, April 7, 2010

the benefits of going home...


There are always benefits to going home for the weekend, like home cooked meals, free laundry, and for me at least lots of shopping where I am finally not the one paying for it. What topped all these benefits was the fact that I got to play with Apple's new iPad. Yes, we got one, my dad was one of those people you see waiting in ridiculous lines outside the Apple store at 9:00am and wonder why the hell are they doing that. Well, after an hour or so we took the iPad home and I have to say that it is pretty impressive. I at first wasn't on the iPad bandwagon like my dad was, who likes to always buy the most up to date technology just so he can compete with his buddies at work. I originally thought that it was really cool in theory, but would it be functional? Wouldn't a actual lap top be easier to work with and not just a big touch screen computer? WRONG. The iPad is extremely user friendly, even my grandfather who is the most anti-technology, stuck in his old ways kind of guy managed to be able to use it and even say he liked it. It is literally like a huge iphone because it functions like one, but with many many other abilities. The screen is beautiful where colors are just as vibrant as if you were on your laptop and it is very touch sensitive. The iPad even has the same battery life as most laptops. After passing it around to every single one of my family members who came over for Easter, and all of them playing with it for a good long time, the battery passed the test and lasted the entire time. So if someone were to ask me again if I'm on the iPad bandwagon, I would gladly say yes. I loved it so much that I even tried to somehow sneak it into my suitcase to take back to Tally with me, that one didn't work out too well. So if anyone has an extra $499 plus tax lying around I would highly suggest that you go out and buy one, and then let me play with it all the time.

the benefits of going home...

No comments: