Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Club Stroz is really a club?




For years now, FSU's finest library has been known to its students as "Club Stroz." I'm not sure where this nickname originated from, but it seems to be pretty catchy. Maybe it's due to the fact that some students spend more time there instead of their favorite club or maybe it's just such a social atmosphere that people consider it almost fun to go. Whatever it may be, with the new renovations that just took place, "Club Stroz" is no longer a nickname.

The library has recently adopted this term in order to promote their grand opening party. Wait what? A party...for a library? Yes. To me, this could ONLY happen in Tallahassee. We party so much that we have to have parties in our library? I guess whatever it takes to get the students in. The new event, scheduled to take place today, April 6, at 9pm, will officially launch the grand opening of the first floor. There is going to be a live DJ, free food, and prizes! I'm not sure how well this whole live DJ thing is going to go over with the students who are actually trying to study. I guess we'll find out tonight!

The issue seems a little controversial, but all in all, I think it's a good idea to bring some fun into this stressful, final month. I just think that Strozier could have done a little bit better of a job in advertising for it. The only way I found out is through the "Best Class Ever-2012" Newsletter, which only underclassmen receive. There is no Facebook event, no twitter updates, and it may just be me, but I haven't seen a single flyer around campus. Students' tuition money is going to pay for this event and therefore, they should be aware of what's going on. Obviously, Strozier didn't know that FSU has some AWESOME advertising kids that more than likely would have helped them launch this correctly.

Anywho, aside from advertising, if you want to check out what's going down at the hottest club on campus, stop by Strozier library tonight from 9-11pm!

Happy partying!

Club Stroz is really a club?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I was there! It was so cool. Got my fill of pizza, mini cup cakes, drinks, and my very own pair of "Club Stroz" sunglasses, haha! It was such a nice study break for me and the hundreds of others who called Club Stroz their home last night.