Monday, April 5, 2010

Pick the Perp

Have you heard of the highly addicting website called picktheperp.com? Well, I have, and I have spent many a times trying to successfully play this game. It got me thinking though, is this wrong of me? For those of you who don't know about Pick the Perp, it is a website where there are 5 featured mugshots and a crime listed, and you click the picture of whichever "perp" you think committed the crime. After you pick, the 5 mugshots change and a new crime is listed for you to guess. It is really addicting, and the site even keeps track of how many perps you've correctly guessed. But, is this really inhumane? I know on sheriff office websites they post the mugshots and list what crimes the people were arrested for, it is public information, but is it right of us to make a funny game out of it? What if that person was arrested wrongfully and didn't actually commit the crime? This thought always crops up in the back of my mind, but then I remind myself that most of them are criminals, but at the same time it does seem like a really insensitive game to play. What are your thoughts on Pick the Perp? Check out the site and let me know what you think!

http://picktheperp.com/

Pick the Perp

No comments: