Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Watermelon, Strawberries, & Barbeque






One of my favorite things to do is definitely eat. While I always hear people express excitement for the coming of winter for all of those delicious treats that only our grandmother's know how to make, my favorite season is definitely spring/summer. Spring/summer is the time of year when watermelon and strawberries take center stage and also barbeque The perfect time of year to indulge in some of the most edifying treats ever. As a kid I vividly remember every summer eating watermelon outside on the front porch. Or even having strawberry shortcake or just plain old strawberries. But the best thing has to be firing up the grill on Memorial Day or July 4, which is the center of American culture.
I walked in Publix the other day and say watermelon on display. I picked it up and the Hallelujah chorus just went off. It is going to be a good summer!
Here is a good commercial to get y'll in the mood for summer, plus a good compliment to some good fruit.






Watermelon, Strawberries, & Barbeque

No comments: