Monday, April 13, 2009

Ron Jon Split

For Easter weekend, I made the 7 hour venture to South Florida. When I say I, I mean I was the passenger and reading every billboard and car ad to help my boredom. 

After hours and hours of reading countless billboards that were clearly not designed by a Creative Strategy team, I saw the coolest advertisement I have seen south of New York. The Ron Jon surf shop had two billboards, one of the left side of the road and one on the right. 

Ron Jon made it look like the surfboard had split in two pieces, with the edges on both billboards cut impeccably to match the other. The left billboard said Ron and the right one said Jon. I thought it was brilliant and was by far the best billboard advertisement I have seen in so long. Even the driver commented on it, knowing nothing about advertising. 

Kudos to Ron Jon!

Ron Jon Split

No comments: