Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The HOTTEST Coldspot...

Have you ever gone to a bar where instead of checking your coat into coat check, you are paying for a coat at the coat check?  When I was in Barcelona over spring break I encountered a bar that started off in New Zealand known as an Ice Bar.  When you first get to ICE BAR Barcelona, you find yourself entering a smaller bar on the beach. Little do you know that once you go inside what looks like this smaller bar, you have to pay the coat check 15 Euro in order to receive an extremely large coat as well as gloves before you enter the real part of this unusual bar.  This Ice Bar is an average of -5 degrees Celsius; fortunately you can warm up with a cocktail or take a break back upstairs on the beach.  Everything inside of this bar is made of ice, even your cocktail glasses are frozen over with ice.  At least you know your drink will NOT get warm.  A group of us went and we had an incredible time! If you ever have the chance to go to an ice bar, from previous experience I am telling you to definitely GO! The only one they have in the states is in Las Vegas at The Mandalay (yeah I made my dad go into it when I was just there two weeks ago-- he found it unique and also did not want to leave.  Maybe he didn't want to leave because he did just pay $30 to get in there... Guess the Euro was low when I was in Barcelona).  Check it out online at http://www.icebcn.net/2008/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1



Oh and obviously I wanted to steal that army heavy coat... they caught me.

The HOTTEST Coldspot...

No comments: