Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Twitter is taking it overboard


For all of you social media fans out there, I'm sure you've been acquainted with Twitter and all of it's glory it brings. I've tried to get into Twitter but maybe I'm too used to other social networking sites. I will give Twitter this, the updates can be very humorous at times. It's comforting to see that other people have problems too, especially when it's written in about 120 words. My biggest problem with Twitter is that it's getting a little too mainstream. I know that social networking sites need to stay with the times and try to market their system as being different from others but Twitter has taken it too far with this new feature they have. As of recently, Twitter is sending out Tweets every time a local bakery has fresh food pop out of the oven. I was messing around and stumbled across this feature. After about an hour of listening to Tweets about scones, muffins, and other delectable items; I decided to delete this feature. The idea is pretty innovative since it's an interesting way of marketing for local bakeries, but it's way too annoying to actually be successful. Just my thoughts, don't kill the messenger:)

Twitter is taking it overboard

No comments: