Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Top Chef's Padma's New Gig....

Hardees' new TV ad features Top Chef's supermodel/host/judge Padma Lakshmi devouring a Hardees Western Bacon Thick Burger. I saw this ad for the first time yesterday and couldn't believe that she was in it. I know A LOT of people watch Top Chef, but I didn't realize Padma had such a large following. Honestly, I never fully understood why she is on the show as a food critic if she isn't a chef or an expert. I see why she qualifies as a host, since she is gorgeous and exotic looking, but I don't think that gives her a culinary pass. Anyways, the ad has created a huge buzz because of its sexy style. Hardees is know for having controversially sexy ads, like the Paris Hilton ad where she is seen washing a car in a tiny bathing suit while sensuously eating a burger. Who knew eating a burger could be sexy? From my experience most people don't look like this when there are stuffing an over sized messy burger into their mouth. I think these ads work really well because they catch a viewer's attention by making a meaty burger, that is normally associated with a burly meat eating macho man, with a sexy petite woman. The concept serves as an entertaining and amusing contrast, as well as I'm sure for most guys a jaw dropping one too. Here are both ads, who do you think looks sexier eating the burger?



Top Chef's Padma's New Gig....

No comments: