Tuesday, April 7, 2009

twhat?

I am in the process of deciding whether or not I want a Twitter account. It seems to be the up and coming social networking site and I know people have mentioned that it can be good for networking with professionals. But I honestly don't get it. Perhaps it's because I don't have one myself, but every time I have looked at someone else's Twitter I don't quite see the purpose. And many of the people with accounts already that I have spoken with don't really know how to use it. The whole concept just seems creepy to me. You "follow" people, right? You're constantly reminded of their status updates and whereabouts, from traveling to Europe to eating a taco. Talk about stalker central. I don't think I want to know what the people I am creepily following are doing at any given moment. Facebook already reminds me more than enough. But alas, I think I will eventually break down and test it out. Maybe I am being too quick to judge. But like I said, I don't really see the purpose and it is a bit creepy.

I found this YouTube mocumentary about Twitter. It talks about a new site called Flutter that can translate statuses from Twitter, Facebook and Myspace (I guess) into 26 characters only (because apparently the novels that you can write for Twitter statuses are not well-suited for fast-paced modern Internet life). It's a bit long, but it's clever.

Flutter

twhat?

1 comment:

nicolexcellent said...

t-what or twat courtney!