Tuesday, April 7, 2009

FINALLY an internship!

After 5 long months of emailing, resume updating, searching, calling, and waiting I finally scored my dream of getting an internship in NYC. It all started back with the FSU ad club trip to NYC when I met someone from an agency Cline Davis and Mann. At first I was not extremely interested because it is a pharmaceutical ad agency, but I kept in contact with them over the months to keep my options open. Finally I landed an interview and flew up to NYC during spring break to meet with the woman Brooke whom I had been in contact with. To my surprise I loved everything about the agency. The building, the office, the people who interviewed me, everything! It was qutie a pleasant surprise to say the least. I had also applied to a few other agencies but I was starting to feel torn because of how impressed I was with the company while interviewing.

Waiting to hear back from agencies is one of the most agonizing experience I have ever endured. Time has never moved so slowly and you can't help but wonder if their going to get back to you, whats taking them so long, or if they are just going to blow you off! Finally I got that email offering the internship to me. I have never felt such a weight lifted off my shoulders. Although I am sitll waiting to hear back from other agencies, just knowing I have finally accomplished what I have been working for the bast 5 months is the best feeilng ever. Hopefully I will be successful in my internship and even better this could lead to a job. It's sort of weird how things fall into place but I am actually more glad I'll be with a pharmaceutical agency because health care is the one field that never seems to be affected by the economy. I can't wait to start!

FINALLY an internship!

No comments: