Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ringling


Last weekend I went to the Ringling Museum in Sarasota for an art class and I figured while I was there why not check out Ca' d'Zan, the Ringling's house. I think that this house is the epitome of creativity. There's basically a little bit of anything and everythign inside this house like multicolored window panes, a tower, furniture from all sorts of historical people and unique architectural style. I think that part of this hose can be credited to the circus and that Ringlings owned, traveling the world and taking inspiration from different unique cultures. Even the name of the house Ca' d'Zan (which means house of John) was creative. If you haven't gone yet you should go to the museum. It's not the kind of place where you go and have to be quiet, they have a huge outdoor area, cicrcus museums, an art museum and, of course, the Ca' d'Zan.

Ringling

No comments: