Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Radio Match Up

Recently, I've been in a position where I've been thinking a lot about coming up with creative radio. Many of us, maybe all, don't naturally think in terms of radio, because of the lack of visual aid. I think it's pretty cool. It forces you to use so many different pathways of your creative mind that you never would with any other medium. One thing I noticed as I try to listen to the ideas I'm conjuring in my head is, if you're going to use someone's voice, that voice really has to fit the mood, setting, meaning, whatever. Here, I've made a list of some voices and the products/services they would fit best with, in regards to radio commercials

Morgan Freeman: Spokesman for earth
Martin Short: Petsmart
Robert De Niro: The law offices of Robert De Niro
Shirley McClaine: Life insurance
Barry Solomon: Aleve
Stewie from Family Guy: Tapioca pudding
Quentin Tarantino: Explosives (TNT)
Bill Clinton (pre-scandal): Claritin

Radio Match Up

No comments: