Monday, February 18, 2008

Dance Dance

So I'm sure most of you know that Dance Marathon was this past weekend. While I did not dance (I learned my lesson from dancing the year before) I was on the morale committee (my job is to keep everyone pumped up). So after being there for only a few hours I already wanted to kill myself....and I felt even worse for my friends who were just making it to hour 30. They looked delerious, their legs were swollen, they lost their voices. Then it came. They have a family talk every hour about how their child has benefited from the money raised at DM. They're always sad, and they always make you appreciate what you have and what you're doing. But this lady said that she actually danced 10 years ago at FSU and the technology that saved her child didn't even exist 10 years ago. I thought it was cool that so far in the past she was helping contribute to saving her child's life in the future. I started thinking about what else we're doing today that might help us. I mean obviously our college education is eventually going to pay off...i hope. But maybe some charity work you do now will come around to benefit you. The point is-the results of something aren't always instantaneous. Maybe 10 years from now you'll thank god you were writing on this blog :)

Dance Dance

No comments: