Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Online SGA Voting


I'm not one to randomly bring up politics...especially school politics, but I got five emails last night talking about the elections, that I presume are today. I only actually opened one of the emails because it had the subject line of Online Voting. (But ironically, before Monday's class I was sitting around with a few people talking about this same subject.)

After cutting through the typical bologna of politics I came across this paragraph:

"For the first time ever at FSU, voting will be online and can be done from your home, the library, or any other computer with an internet connection, by visiting http://www.sga.fsu.edu and clicking the “VOTE HERE” link. Voting will be open from 9 AM to 8 PM today."

So if you are interested, vote today. If not, think of how amazing and how neat it would be if all elections were done electronically over the internet. I work for a publication that deals with identity, and I think that this day will come soon. I mean if we start to have electronic medical records at doctors' offices and have enhanced driver licenses, then why can't we become more high tech with voting.

Interesting.... Just think, what will the world be like in 50 years, no scratch that - in 5 years. (Anyone remember Moore's Law?

Online SGA Voting

No comments: