Friday, February 22, 2008

Perks of the Industry!


So the past few days I have truly experienced a few great things all because I am part of the advertising industry.

The first wonderful event was while I was at my internship with the FSView. Rachel and I had to bring a few samples of Ads that were going to run in last weeks issue to a couple of clients. Our first stop was Narcissus the high fashion boutique here in Tally. We walked in and spoke with the client and showed her their current Ads we created but before leaving she made sure we shopped around a bit. We got to shop for bathing suits and beautiful clothing all while on the clock.

Our next stop was Oasis Fitness Salon for Women. Here we were trying to seal a deal with the owner to run ads in our special health edition of the FSView. The woman had a lot of questions; however, her main concern was that we get a hydro massage before we left. We were basically forced to stop and get a 15 minute hydro massage fully equipped with relaxing rain forest music and complete darkness. The woman told us if we didn't try her product she wouldn't advertise with us. There was not much we could do but go lay down and relax while enduring a wonderful massage. That was a great Perk!

The next two perks of the industry came while I was interviewing at a company called Appleton Creative in Orlando. The owner who was interviewing me was extremely nice and by the end of the interview she was offering to take me with her to the Orlando Addy Gallery Night. The Addy's in Orlando just so happened to be this weekend while I was in town. This agency made the book for the Addy's and received all these free tickets to the event and NONE of them were going. I was offered to go with them to the Gallery Night before the actual Addy's and then she gave me two FREE tickets to the Orlando ADDY Awards Gala!!! Talk about a perk!!! I am very excited!

So I learned a lot this week and experienced a heck of a lot all because I got into Advertising! I Love this industry!!!

Perks of the Industry!

1 comment:

Rachel Hewitt said...

hopefully many more perks to come!!