Monday, February 25, 2008

Oh the perils of life!

So I been employed by the Olive Garden for 2 years, and I must say it has been a roller coaster. Whoever thinks that employing 70 college students ages 18-25 together is a good idea...should think again. As an age group we are irresponsible, lazy, opinionated, and rude....or at least thats what our clientèle thinks. I however feel like I am the opposite of all of those things. I am to work on time every time, I have called in once in 2 years, I bite my tongue 20 times a day, and I am as pleasant as humanely possible. You would think compared to all of our other employers the managers would notice....but they do not. For the most part our managers are rude, impatient, and unforgiving. I know that their job is hard, and they work a lot of hours, but my life is hectic too. I think they forget that when most of us aren't at work we are at school... which in and of itself is another job on it's own...well at least for me! I don't know where I am really going with all of this I just hate my job. I go to work annoyed that I have to go there, and I leave work mad because of all of the things that happened to make my job harder. The hardest part for me is how rude and condescending people can be. I just want a job I can enjoy...bottom line....but the bills have to be paid, and my availability sucks with school. I will deal with it...I have for two years...but maybe I need to introduce my managers to some Fish principles, maybe that would help.

Oh the perils of life!

No comments: