Monday, February 11, 2008

Gymboree


Hey everyone!!! I hope everyone's weekend was great! Well if in case you don't know I work at Gymboree, a baby/childrens store, and since I am a major in Advertising I always like to see how and what they do in terms of Marketing and Advertising. Well last week we got a news letter about how they are rolling out this new plan to go back to real reason they started, babies. Personally, I think that they have been slacking in the newborn dept. and this new program is great for baby gifts. They are starting this newborn section where it is dedicated to buying baby shower gifts and the best part of the program is they have special wrapping and even an incentive for the customer to spend $25 and get a special 20% to put in the gift to give the new mom. I think its great cause it gets the mom in the store as well. Gymboree is always changing programs as they get feedback from their customers. This program is going to work cause it helps with reach and getting our name out there for moms who don't know what Gymboree is all about. I love working for a company that really prides itself on what it can do for the customer. They really do listen to what their customers say about them and if it seems to be a problem they alwayys think of a solution to the problem. In addtition they are branching out and getting some product placement on tv. In the show John and Kate +8 they are starting to dress all the 8 children and taking them to our play and music classes. I have watched an episode where they took them to the play and music class and definitly made sure to mention it was 'Gymboree' and they showed the sign as well. Whenever I see a product placement I always laugh cause I feel like I'm one of the few that know excatly what is happening. Well if any of you need a baby shower gift you know where to come!

Gymboree

No comments: