Monday, February 18, 2008

whatcha got Gwen!?

Wow it’s really early! I finally decided to just get up because laying in bed thinking was frankly driving me insane soooo I thought I’d blog about it!

So tomorrow I have to give my Ad club speech, I’m running for PR/branding and social chair, and I’m really torn between speech ideas.

On the one hand I want to be funny, memorable, and creative (and that’s a tall order for a 2 minute speech), on the other hand, I want people to take me seriously since I’m running for an executive position… actually I really want a mixture of both, but that seems to be more difficult then I thought!

This led me to thinking about that Gwen Stafani commercial for HP, when she’s walking around Japan talking about “people just think you can turn creativity on and off… but it’s not like that… it just kinda comes out… you never know when it’s gonna happen, but when it does its like magic! It’s just that simple and it’s just that hard”… On the one hand, the girls got a point; on the other hand she just blatantly got paid a shat ton of money for stating the obvious! But as I laid in bed I realized that there’s a lot of truth in what she’s said. (PS: whoever wrote that script… that’s good stuff!)

Tapping into your creative side isn’t easy, especially when you have 2 minutes to make a speech! I want to be different but I don’t want to fail miserably for the sake of “being creative,” when there’s that whole “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” mantra looming above my head. Not to mention, in Ad club a lot of people don’t know me and I don’t want to forever be that girl that lost because she “tried to be funny” … ya that’s kinda awkward! So now I’m stuck at the point of just making the boring old speech, “ummm I really like ad club….”
WONK WONK… I don’t know if I can bring myself to do that… I think I’m gonna go the make an ass outta myself route (ps thanks for the support on that one liz!) J haha

So everybody come to ad club tomorrow night and laugh at me… even if it’s not funny, just to make me feel better… or at least bob your head up and down and pretend like your feeling what I’m saying and then you can talk about me when I’m not around haha

See you tonight!

whatcha got Gwen!?

No comments: