Friday, April 18, 2008

"If we could sell our experiences for what they cost us, we'd all be millionaires." - Abigail Van Buren

At first I thought blogging would be hard to get used to. I thought it would just be a pain in the you-know-what. But now my feelings have changed - I think I'm going to feel incomplete without the blog. It was something I would do at the end of my weekend, like a time marker so signify the beginning of a new week and to reflect on the week past. Perhaps I will begin my own personal blog and build on what I've learned from blogging in this class.

This being my last CS1 blog, I would like to say that I have a learned a lot - not just from Jeff and Melissa and the CYL crew, but from each of you. I loved the energy that our class had, the environment we created. You all have so much talent and creativity! I'm glad that I can call you all friends, not just classmates. Jeff told me that he was surprised at how a lot of us hang out with each other outside of class and assignments. He said that when he went to school as a Creative writing major, he never hung out with his classmates outside of school. It's a shame because I've met some of my best friends through class! So I just want to say that if I don't have the pleasure of having another class with you, or if we don't hang out outside of class, I wish you all the best and I've thoroughly enjoyed spending time getting to know everyone.

Now that my mushy goodbye is over, I have a funny story to tell all of you:

Laura and I have been in UCC all day working on our dang project and we decided we needed a dinner break, so we would Vespa over to Pitaria. Picture Laura and I sharing a scooter, riding around campus - this is already a funny sight. But to make it better, as we're going uphill on Copeland, the Vespa runs out of gas! so we walk it to the top of the hill and then ride it downhill just on momentum. Luckily there's a gas station just across Copeland so we gassed it up and went on our merry way. I guess you would've had to see it when we broke down but I couldn't stop laughing about it.

"If we could sell our experiences for what they cost us, we'd all be millionaires." - Abigail Van Buren

1 comment:

Laura M. said...

haha i still cant stop laughing about it!

the next time i see the tank on empty there is no way i am going to wait an extra 30 or so miles before i fill it haha