Sunday, April 13, 2008

Tiramisu


So my dog's name is Tiramisu. Reason being, she smelled like tiramisu when we got her. No kidding, she smelled delicious and we had no idea why. Now that I think about it, it may be due to the fact that Tira's mom belongs to my sisters best friend, who is Cuban. And whenever we'd go to their house they always have Cuban coffee and pastelitos.....so maybe the aroma of the house just absorbed into her fur...who knows?!

Anyway her name's Tira and she's a sweetie. She's well-mannered and trained. She loves being around people, going to dog parks, and going swimming. Shes perfect except for this tiny character flaw: she's kinda spoiled and always wants the attention. And I mean ALWAYS wants attention. Her father, Chewy, was my first dog. We had him since I was in elementary school, but sadly he passed away last September :( They loved each other and would sleep by each other and play....but Chewy could never get attention from us for too long. Tira would be a bully and would jump on his back or jump in between us and want to be picked up or pet. So although she no longer smells like tiramisu, the name stuck. We call her Tira the Terror...or sometimes just Terror...or we refer to it as 'Tira-rizing" everyone because of her nature for being a brat at times. Then we learned that tiramisu the dessert means "pick me up" to the Italians, because of its high sugar and egg content. So as you can see "Tiramisu" was definitely the perfect name for my pup!!

Tiramisu

No comments: