Monday, April 21, 2008

So this is it

The last blog of the year....and it is still hard to come up with something meaningful to talk about.

So this was my first year at college..and actually it didn't feel like college at all. It feels like a really cool like summer camp or something. It almost feels like I can't wait to go home and tell everyone back in high school all about it. There is no more high school, hasn't been for almost two years, thanks to community college. I have that book, my mom got it for me, about mistakes college freshmen make. I didn't read it, and I don't know where it is. I'm sure I made 80% of them. Starting with living in the dorm. I loved my room at Salley Hall....but I'm completely not glad to leave it. Just the packing is terrible. We finally took down all the decorations this weekend and waking up to blank walls is painful. The room is back to looking like a prison. I always joked with my friends in the military about living in the barracks...after having lived in the dorms...and visited many barracks...I'd take military housing in a heartbeat. Not that it wasn't a good experience...it was...but its a good thing to leave behind. It's really hard to express feelings about the dorm. My roommate is amazing, my suite-mates...not so much...my RA was FANTASTIC...the mold and other things in our shower..not so much. when I knew I had to live here I just closed my eyes to it, but now that I can leave I can see all the gross yuck-ness dorms have to offer. I didn't get the freshman 15..or so I think?
In fact as a person it doesn't feel like anything has changed. I'm sure it has, and people from back home told me it has, but it doesn't feel like it. The only difference I can notice is the change that happened was when Matt got back from Iraq. I'm no taller, hair is no different, and I feel almost completely the same. It feels, like summer camp. But it isn't....With the semester ending I'm getting ready to go home where there will be no more high school and very few people to tell unique college stories too.
So this is it. The last blog of the semester. And I still had nothing profound to say. Damnit.

So this is it

No comments: