Monday, April 21, 2008

I am once again on the team

For some of you all who know me, this comes as no surprise. But this past weekend were FSU Cheerleading tryouts, and I was there, trying out. It was quite unexpected, and I was definitely a little rusty. I cheered two years here at FSU and then got married and decided to take a year off in case I needed to work more or something. It was a good decision, especially since there were so many unknowns in my life at that time. But, this fall should be a fairly light class load for me, so I decided to come back and give it a whirl. I think that it is going to be a fun year, there are still a lot of people on the team that I know from previous years, and that will make it much easier to get reacquainted with everything. Interestingly enough, there are actually 4 guys on the team that I went to high school with and 2 girls. That is strange, but neat.

One bad thing that came from all of this is that I had to shave my lovely beard. I started to grow it as soon as I quit Publix, since I was not able to keep facial hair while working there. But, since cheerleading is very heavy on appearance, I also had to get rid of it for this as well. Not really anything to cry about, but it is hard to see yourself looking different than you usually do.

I am once again on the team

No comments: