Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Personalized Marketing- Plus my 21st!

So its my 21st birthday today, and since unfortunately it falls during exam week, I have spent it studying in the stadium. But don't feel bad, I'm super lucky because I have amazing friends. At 12:00 my friends surprised me with balloons, cupcakes, vodka (it is my 21st) and a few of my favorite things, namely chocolate-covered raisins, cheese, snickers, and marshmellows. These girls obviously know me and know that chocolate and cheese comprise my favorite food groups, but it got me to thinking. These things are listed on my profile on facebook, so someone who had never met me could look at my profile and know these things that took a long time for my best friends to discover.

This is a huge breakthrough for marketers. I think that advertising/marketing will consistently become more personalized. Companies will become more focused on the specifics of their target audience rather than classiying them as a whole. Our jobs will rely more on personal research, so that companies can create the quintessential brand relationship. Companies with a small clientel base could reward their customers with their favorite candy on their birthday or complimentary iTunes download of their favorite artist.

Just a thought...

Personalized Marketing- Plus my 21st!

No comments: