Monday, April 7, 2008

just when you think everything is all figured out..

I have everything settled. After applying for internships and researching more than 70 agencies I got an internship I was happy with. I got everything signed off on and even got a tour of my new office. I was relieved I got a good internship so I took it.

Last week I received a phone call from a number that I didn't recognize. Usually I don't pick calls like that up and just wait for them to leave a message. For some reason I decided why not and picked it up. Of course it was my ideal agency on the other line wanting to set up an interview. Now I have no idea what to do... the contract is already signed for the other agency but I think I would be passing up a great opportunity if I let the other one just slip away. I don't know what to do!

just when you think everything is all figured out..

1 comment:

Madeleine said...

Go on the interview. See if they give you a better offer. Always remember while you are working for someone else... this is YOUR career. Everything happens for a reason. I'm sure you can get out of the contract if needed.. it is just an internship. Are you getting paid?? if not you really don't have any obligation. Trust your gut. I know how you feel this kind of thing happens to me all the time.
Be careful though, don't drop the other job unless the dream agency is a sure thing.