Monday, April 7, 2008

The Advertising World

So in the fall I went with Ad Club to the AWNY conference in New York. We went on an agency visit to McCann Erickson. One of the girls who spoke to us in their presentation was fresh out of college, and recruited to this agency from doing to good at the Ad Team presentation the year before. I was so impressed by this. Well anyways last night in our WHBM group meeting we watched the DVD from the Ad Team Competition to observe the "best" presentations according to some professionals. I was so surprised to find that the same girl from McCann was a part of the winning Coca-cola team and presenting in this DVD I was watching. I just thought it was interesting that the Advertising world is so big to everyone else, but sometimes feels so small to us. I felt when I recognized this girl like she was some sort of celebrity. I want to set myself apart like that, because I have realized that is what takes you somewhere. Just thought I'd share my little coincidental occurrence. Have a good week all...and good luck with WHBM!

The Advertising World

No comments: